Story boarding pages 1-6 — Holly

Shared By: Holly Bartels
Source: Holly Bartels
Image Alt Text: None provided

← Previous item

Next item →

4 Comments

1. Reno Anastasio

The compositions are clear and very detailed. However, I find the narrative difficult to follow because it is not clear who exactly is the lead protagonist, the antagonist and what each one of them wants, and what exactly is the conflict between them. The time and setting are clear, however, in that it is a story set in the times of knights, kingdoms and princesses.

• Shannae Jaccard

The large amount of movement throughout the story adds a lot to the overall comic. I believe the story is easy to follow for the most part and the characters personality’s as well as their designs are consistent, which is ideal. There is lots of scenery which helps the viewer understand the protagonists perspectives. I love the dynamic between the two main characters as they go on their journey together. As was confused at first about the panels in which the character holds up an amount of fingers. Holly, however, cleared up the confusion and explained to me that they were deciding where to go. The proportions are consistent and accurate for both the humans and horses, which I know Holly struggled with.

2. Olivia Roberts

Holly’s story is pretty straightforward and easy to grasp what the narrative is. The characters are well established as well as the backgrounds. She has a clear idea on what her vision for the story is and her mise-en-scene is well planned out. The three bottom panels on page one and the top three on page two are indicate a flashback, but look much like the present-day panels. Perhaps as the princess closes her eyes, the panel shape shifts to indicate a flashback.

3. Reno Anastasio

The opening panels that establish the disenfranchised prince are clear in both POV and continuity. However, the continuity is not clear on the top-right panel of page 2 because of how to read the order of the frames. Consequently, how the bearded mentor enters the narrative is somewhat unclear. (feedback provided by Reno Anastasio – Mon Mar 21 2022)

Provide Feedback