Preparatory sketches

Shared By: Diego
Image Alt Text: None provided

← Previous item

Next item →

4 Comments

1. Emma Guenther

I really enjoy how the angular shapes on the monster and dark contrast, as they convey a strong sense that these characters are in danger, and I feel that the dynamic between the two characters is quickly understood. My only suggestion would be to possibly communicate that the monster is lurking behind them before he turns around to add a sense of dread, but I think that overall the story has a very strong feeling of tension throughout and I enjoy the open ending.

2. Olivia Roberts

Heavy use of shadow and dark backgrounds gives the overall story an unsettling atmosphere, enhancing the suspense. Characters are designed differently enough to where the audience doesn’t loose track of who is who. The monster is very detailed when compared to the human characters, contrasting that it’s a different creature. I would recommend experimenting a bit with more dynamic perspectives, as some of the scenes seem flat. The panel layouts are easy to follow and aren’t too busy.

3. Reno Anastasio

Kudos for the action being immediately established with the narrative beginning in media res. And it is clear who is the protagonist and what he wants. There is also good use of the technique of breaking through the frame. I also like how the ending is similar to the beginning by using the chase dynamic. The dominant use of darks in the compositions also clearly establish the nighttime setting. The reappearance of the rat in the top left of the last panel, along with the show composition are the two panels I’m not completely clear on how they fit into the narrative. If the shoe is a closeup of the protagonist’s foot launching into a run, then I suggest adding action lines.

4. David Bravo

about the composition, I like how you use the dark contrasts as well the use of hatching makes a unique sense of design in each different panel. the storyboard is clear to understand, however, the final version of your panel is may be confusing to the rest of the story in this case you can fix it or try something different with the last panel.
    the transitions of the story are quite smoother with that sense of mystery and horror. moreover, I feel that character expresses a lot of dynamics and energy which caught my eye.

Provide Feedback