Storyboards (Rough Version). 10 Pages.

Rough versions of storyboards for my visual-storytelling project.

Shared By: Anonymous
Image Alt Text: None provided

← Previous item

Next item →

4 Comments

1. Diego

I must start by saying that I think it is a very good storyboard. The panel layout seems well structured to me and I enjoy the fact that you explore different possibilities of panel layouts such as making them round or jumping objects from one to another as it keeps an energetic rhythm in the story, although there may be times when the page feels a bit oversaturated and I personally would recommend offering the viewer a visual break with pages with a simpler layout. In addition to this, I like the exaggerated shots of your characters and the action scenes are very engaging as I think you have a good sense of movement in your illustrations, I just wish some of them were clearer but I’m sure it’s because of the fact that is just a rough sketch.

2. Holly Bartels

Extremely well done with the multiple perspectives used throughout the comic, it added to the characters and made everything more dynamic. Along with the great use of perspective, the panel layout added to the cohesiveness of the story, and I could follow along easily. Interesting use of circles for some panels, which is a nice change of pace from the rest of the class. By looking at Olivia’s work, you can right away tell she has comic experience! Facial features and actions used allow us to gain information on what the characters’ personalities are like which is great because of the lack of text for this assignment.

3. Reno Anastasio

The anatomical compositions and proportions are very well done, even for preliminary sketches. However, I feel that it is weakened by too many sub-panels which may be caused by trying to convey a story that is too complex or in-depth. I suggest simplifying the story: establish who the protagonist is and what they want — how does the antagonist prevent the protagonist from getting what they want.

4. Shannae Jaccard

Very detailed and well done! This is a well-made storyboard with lots of personality. The round panels are an interesting idea, but the format might be confusing. The storyboard may be too busy/cluttered so that the viewers may get lost. So, simplifying could be beneficial. However, the characters have so much personality and their designs are recognizable and memorable. I also enjoy your art style.

Provide Feedback